Grow your own microgreens, easily, without plastic!
We are excited to introduce Orta Kitchen Garden terracotta kit, made here in Berkeley. It replaces single-use plastic nursery pots and will look beautiful in your kitchen!
What are microgreens? Microgreens are young seedlings of edible vegetables and herbs. Unlike larger herbs and vegetables that take weeks or months to grow, microgreens can be harvested and eaten a week to 10 days after the cotyledon — a part of the embryo within the seed — leaves have developed.
You can add them to a salad, or put them on a sandwich.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This kit contains everything you need to grow your own microgreens. :
1. Self-watering terracotta planter that you can reuse for a lifetime. Refill the reservoir once a week to give your microgreens the gentle moisture they need to sprout and thrive.
2. FOUR packages of seeds, for 4 different crops of microgreens:
- Tatsoi (an Asian green, like spinach)
3. Compressed organic soil pellets, enough to grow all FOUR crops.
4. Beautiful illustrated instructions for how to grow microgreens as well as 4 other gardening projects you can do with your new kit.
5. 100% recyclable and compostable paper packaging.
Later, you can refill your kit with your own seeds and soil.
Size: 5 x 5 x 3 in.
Color: Bar Ray, Lychen, Stinson