Alchemy is a collection of candles in four fragrances inspired by the healing qualities of nature, intentionally made with scent notes that have been shown through research and 25+ years of studies to evoke specific moods.
PF Candle Co. perfumery partners worked with scientists and universities across multiple countries and demographics to conduct studies utilizing brain imaging, brain activity, heart rate, and skin response to track how specific scents affected participants physiologically, along with their own personal associations and imagery to describe the emotional effect the fragrances had.
Based on this research, PF Candle Co. developed four scent blends meant to positively affect both spirit and atmosphere: Bergamot Shiso for vitality, Myrtle Mint for clarity, Geranium Moss for connection, and Enoki Cedar for grounding.
Bergamot Shiso: A vitality blend designed to stimulate uplifting energy, with notes of pink pepper, mandarin, cypress, and cardamom. Inspired by the exuberance of fruiting citrus trees, formulated with upcycled mandarin and cardamom.
Enoki Cedar: A grounding blend to activate deep relaxation, with notes of rich earth, petitgrain, sandalwood, and rosemary. Inspired by regenerative walks through verdant woods, formulated with upcycled patchouli and a proprietary fragrance technology inspired by nature’s positive affect on mood and wellbeing.
Geranium Moss: A connection blend to soak up the present moment, with notes of soft sage, ginger root, lavender, and patchouli. Inspired by overgrown wildflowers rooted in fresh earth, formulated with upcycled cedarwood and sustainable patchouli.
Myrtle Mint: A clarity blend to promote focus, with notes of blue eucalyptus, marram grass, sea salt, and dew. Inspired by the lucidity of an herb garden breeze, formulated with upcycled lemon and eucalyptus.
Alchemy Candles feature smoke-colored glass vessels, black metal lids, and gold-leafed labels inspired by vintage window lettering.
Burns for 40-50 hours.
Size: &.2oz, 2.9” in diameter and 3.5" in height.
Ingredients: Each candle is made with 7.2 oz of soy wax, fine fragrance oils, and cotton-core wicks. The fragrances are paraben-free, phthalate-free, and are never (ever) tested on animals.
Made in Los Angeles, California.
How to Use / Safety
P.F. scents are meant to enhance a space rather than overpower it, and are especially ideal for people with scent sensitivities.
To ensure product quality + longevity, we highly recommend following each of the following steps:
- Trim your candle's wick to 1/4" before each lighting or once your candle has cooled.
- Never attempt to trim a burning candle.
- Discard the snipped portion in the trash; never leave wick trimmings in your candle jar.
- The wick should always remain centered and away from the sides of the vessel.
- Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar during each burn to prevent tunneling.
- Once the candle's gone, you can re-use it. Clean it out and you've got a new planter or pencil holder – or whatever you want! You can also return it to you and we will re-use it for sure!
Safety first - because candles contain a small flame, we encourage following these common sense rules of thumb:
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets.
- Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow your wick to curl over, as this can create a larger than normal flame.
- Stop burning your candle when only 1/4" of wax remains.
- Do not pick up a burning candle or immediately after it's been blown out.
- Protect the surface underneath the candle no matter the material.